axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Replace SchemaUtils/DOM with JaxMe's Schema Parser?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:42:09 GMT
Srinath,

The idea is to run the parser just ONCE!!! when we hit a schema in addTypes (of SymbolTable.java)
and then use information in the SchemaUtils methods. Go ahead with the DOM 2 SAX
(http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.xml.transform.sax/Dom2Sax.html) for now, we might have to
change
it later. Yes, you will need xalan jars to get it working. We can influence JaxMe folks later
accept a dom node.

thanks,
dims

--- Srinath Perera <hemapani@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> here is the high level picture of what we are planning to do to fix it.
>
> We want to keep method signatures of SchemaUtils as they are and replace
> the logic with jaxme parser.
>
> Q1) is that ok. We do not change the functionality.
>
> Here we want jaxme (it works on SAX) to parse a DOM node ??
> We are planning to take a node and serialize it to buffer (add schema
> tag's to start and end may be ..) then fed it to jaxme .....
>
> We are using a longer way ... IS IT OK TO USE IT, this may not be the
> smartest.
> Any other suggestions ......  to fed node into the Jaxme.
>
> we are expecting a answer to move on ...
>
> Srinath
>

> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 18:52, Srinath Perera wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I think we can start with it ...
> >
> > I think this is what I understood
> >
> > 1)  we should get into code that parse DOM nodes in SchemaUtils.java and
> > use schema parser to parse them cleanly.
> > 2)  we can left the code that get the DOM nodes from the wsdl untouched.
> > Only the parsing of DOM nodes we should worry about.
> > 3) leave JaxMe untouched as much as possible
> >

> > we would start it by abut a week. will come back if help needed.
> >
> > thanks for directions
> >
> > Srianth
> >

> > On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 17:52, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > > Here's a plan for you all:
> > > - Get the latest CVS code for axis
> > >   #1: make a copy/zip it up so that you know what you started with
> > >   #2: run "ant clean all-tests" to make sure that nothing is broken
> > > - Get the latest CVS code for JaxMe
> > > - Iteratively make changes to axis's code (and if necessary JaxMe's code) such
that:
> > >   #1: You replace all dom traversal stuff in symbolTable\SchemaUtils.java and
other files.
> > >   #2: If you run "ant clean all-tests", it should NOT fail
> > >   #3: If you compare the results of running "ant clean all-tests" between the
original code
> and
> > > your modified code (do a windiff on build/work directory where all the generated
code is
> present)
> > > they should be EXACTLY the same.
> > > - When you are ready, we can create a CVS branch to let everyone review your
work before it
> gets
> > > merged into the HEAD branch
> > > - If you need changes to JaxMe stuff, you will need to submit bugzilla patches
as usual, i
> will
> > > work with them to merge the changes needed into their source tree.
> > >
> > > How does this sound? Do you have enough to get going?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > dims

> we
This would