axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Josh Rehman" <jreh...@citysearch.com>
Subject RE: Java1.3 (was Re: Axis and NIO)
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:07:51 GMT

I still don't "get" this feature - what's the point of assertions that you
can turn off?

> -NIO
> -regexp
> -xml bean serialize

IIRC, this is quite verbose, and would be a bad choice for Axis.

> -new logger (commons-logger supports it)

What about dropping log4j and using 1.4 logging? They seem pretty similar.
That would lighten the load.

> -properties API (it's OK)
>
> I am debating testing on a 1.5 build at some point in time, to see what
> breaks...

Sounds interesting, I'd like to know the result.

BTW, although 1.4 comes with Crimson (XML parsing) I think I prefer Xerces;
certainly it's XML Schema support is superior, and important consideration
for Axis.

Josh