axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Gondhiya <>
Subject RE: Java2WSDL problem
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:25:17 GMT

May be my lack of understanding but since Axis (Java2WSDL tool) generates
WSDL with the as wsdlsoap namespace,
should it not abide by the schema? Can it internally use a schema (e.g.
WSDL 1.1 that you are refering to) which is not same as the one at
In other words if Axis is using a WSDL 1.1 schema that does not have
"name" attribute, shouldn't the generated WSDL contain the wsdlsoap
namespace pointing to the URL for that schema? I am not sure even if Axis
does that, whether Microsoft's VS.NET sproxy tool will use correct schema
and not complain about "name" attribute or not ...

"Gary L Peskin" <>
09/23/2003 12:39 PM
Please respond to

RE: Java2WSDL problem

Thanks, Ajay, I see where you're getting this now.  However, I have no
idea where the schema shown at
actually comes from.  It doesn't seem to match the WSDL 1.1 schema that I
referenced in my earlier post.  Perhaps it is from the WSDL 1.0 schema,
which I can't seem to find anywhere.  Or, perhaps it is some
Microsoft-specific WSDL specification.
In any event, I believe that Axis supports WSDL 1.1 which doesn't include
the name attribute.