axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Akbar Ibrahim" <akba...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Java2WSDL problem
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:33:30 GMT
> Ajay --
>
> A schema has a targetNamespace that is used to indicate the namespace for
> elements and attributes defined within that schema.  Any URI can be used
as
> the value of targetNamespace.  For example, targetNamespace="foo" is a
> valid.  In order to ensure uniqueness, however, the writers of the Soap
> Binding Schema for WSDL have chosen an anyURI value for targetNamespace
that
> happens to be an http URL.

The target namespace for the the WSDL SOAP binding schema as defined in the
WSDL 1.1 note from W3C at http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#A4.2 is
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/. WSDL 1.1 is a specification submitted
to W3C by IBM, Microsoft and Ariba. The choice of this URI as the value for
the namespace must have been made by them.

> Microsoft, the owner of the xmlsoap.com domain has chosen to place a
> document at the URL address that is a schema defining a WSDL SOAP binding.
> However, the document at that web address is NOT the same as the schema
> defined in the WSDL version 1.1 note from W3C.  I have no idea where the
> schema at that URL came from, perhaps from an earlier draft of the WSDL
> schema or perhaps it is a Microsoft-proprietary version of the schema.  In
> any event, the document stored at the web address that is the same as the
> targetNamespace of the WSDL SOAP Binding Schema is NOT the WSDL SOAP
Binding
> Schema as shown in the W3C WSDL Note ( <http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#A4.2>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#A4.2).

The schema at the URl http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/ looks very
similar to the schema at http://www.w3.org/2003/06/wsdl/soap12 which is a
work in progress WSDL 1.2 SOAP binding for SOAP 1.2.

- Akbar

> Axis follows the official schema published by the W3C.  Apparently, sproxy
> follows its own version of the schema.  To generate .NET stubs from a
schema
> generated by Java2WSDL, you'll need to add in the sproxy-specific "name"
> attribute manually or modify Java2WSDL (preferably adding a switch) to
allow
> it to generate sproxy-conforming but W3C non-conforming WSDL.
>
> Gary

Perhaps
> it is from the WSDL 1.0 schema, which I can't seem to find anywhere.  Or,
> perhaps it is some Microsoft-specific WSDL specification.
>
> In any event, I believe that Axis supports WSDL 1.1 which doesn't include
> the name attribute.
>
> Gary

type="impl:QueryCapability">

>   <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
>   <wsdl:operation name="getQueryCapability">
>     <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
>     <wsdl:input name="getQueryCapabilityRequest">
>         <wsdlsoap:body
> encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
> use="encoded"/>
>    </wsdl:input>
>    <wsdl:output name="getQueryCapabilityResponse">
>         <wsdlsoap:body
> encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
> use="encoded"/>
>    </wsdl:output>
>    <wsdl:fault name="QueryCapabilityNotFoundException">
>         <wsdlsoap:fault
> encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
> use="encoded"/>   <-------------------------------- "name" attribute
MISSING