axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <>
Subject RE: java2wsdl - Using Interfaces?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:29:14 GMT

It doesn't sound like you are missing anything.  I would encourage you to attempt to implement
this functionality if you have the inclination.

Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Rehman []
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: java2wsdl - Using Interfaces?

There is a note about this in fromJava/todo.txt "support exporting by
interface" with the response: seems like we have enough bells and
whistles here". Looks like Ravi Kumar and Rich thought this would be a
nicety, and decided not to do it.

I imagine they thought it was a nicety so that users could support a
subset of the exported API. But actually it is more than that - support
for this allows for RMI-like behaviour where you can, for example, use
exactly the same test on the client and server side, useful for
isolating various parts of your system.

One could also use it as a "poor man's code generator", generating
trivial beans from interface definitions; but this is a side-effect. :-)

I would still like to find out if I should bother implementing this, or
if the list thinks I'm missing something.

View raw message