axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Web Services Security
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:07:38 GMT
Pankaj Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the risk of sounding self-promotional, I will refer you to the site
> http://www.j2ee-security.net . This site is devoted to my latest (and only)
> book titled "J2EE Security for Servlets, EJBs and Web Services" and has the
> chapter "Web Services Security" as the free sample download. You can get to
> the download page directly by clicking on
> http://www.j2ee-security.net/book/sample-chap/. However, there are other
> goodies on the site, including, but not limited to, the complete source code
> of all the examples and utilities covered in the book.
>
> One of the examples uses Axis, JAX-RPC and VeriSign TSIK to implement
> WS-Security based security mechanism.
>
> Pankaj Kumar,
> www.pankaj-k.net
> www.j2ee-security.net

Nice to see your advise on killing happyaxis.jar; every so often I
google for it to see if it is an issue.

Also nice to see the WS-Security stuff -it *almost* puts verisign back
in my good books despite the fact their new sitefinder changes the
nature of all support calls from people who get your endpoint url wrong.

Are you going to submit appropriate patches to reading.html,
security.html, or shall I?