axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Rehman <>
Subject Why can't you assume a bean type for interfaces in java2wsdl?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:27:25 GMT

What is the reasoning behind not permitting interfaces to be used as
part of the service description? When i do this the following message is
generated from java2wsdl:

      [java] 0 [main] WARN fromJava.Types  - The class
citysearch.sum.UserView does not contain a default constructor, which is
a requirement for a bean class.  The class cannot be converted into an
xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be used to define this
class in the wsdl file.

It seems like it would be reasonable to assume that the interface is
"beanAble" even if it doesn't have a constructor. Certainly this would
have saved me much pain (as I implemented a default implementation which
silently overrode a generated bean - very hard to track down!).

View raw message