axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/deployment/wsdd/providers WSDDHandlerProvider.java WSDDJavaEJBProvider.java
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:36:21 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Anyone heard from MSFT yet? :)
> ------------------------
> Microsoft Plays Hiring Hardball (http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0,3668,a=45363,00.asp)
> "Like baseball's New York Yankees, Microsoft Corp. has been paying top dollar for top
talent in an
> effort to dominate the new playing fields of XML and Web services."

I am in the Seattle area this week, but only as part of a family
vacation en route to canada. Nobody approached me in the Zoo today and
invited me over to building 42 for a discussion on future career
opportunities.

Actually we have had discussions on that nature at some point in the
last 18 but not the last 6 months; A situation which both I and they are
happy about. I am returning to HPLabs in the UK at the tail end of the
year, which may give me more Axis time in my otherwise chaotic life.
With any luck I will be working on the smartfrog project
(smartfrog.org), which is very related to web services, grid computing,
clustered server deployment, etc, etc:
http://news.com.com/2100-1011_3-5071295.html. So expect cool things
coming from there next spring.