axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary L Peskin" <ga...@firstech.com>
Subject RE: Java2WSDL problem
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:04:22 GMT
Ajay --

I'm a little confused here.  As I read the WSDL 1.1 SOAP binding schema
(http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#A4.2), there is no name attribute on the
wsdlsoap:fault element, just encodingStyle, namespace, and use which are
already present.  Do you have a schema reference that shows a name attribute
on this element?

Or, am I missing something?

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay Gondhiya [mailto:AjayGondhiya@accelrys.com]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 6:31 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Fw: Java2WSDL problem

Reposting to see if someone out there can help me .. it seems to me like a
bug but before filing a bug report I just want to run by the developers in
case I have any misunderstanding ...
Thanks a lot,

Ajay

----- Forwarded by Ajay Gondhiya/Bangalore/Accelrys on 09/22/2003 06:58 PM
-----

Ajay Gondhiya/Bangalore/Accelrys

09/16/2003 01:50 PM

axis-dev@ws.apache.org

cc

Subject
Java2WSDL problem

I am having a problem with Java2WSDL in Axis 1.0 & 1.1.

The problem is when I declare an exception in my EJB interface and when
Java2WSDL generates corresponding WSDL, in the binding information it does
not generate "name" attribute for the SOAP fault. Because of this sproxy
tool from .NET is not able to compile the WSDL to generate client side
stubs. Has anyone faced similar problem? Could this be a bug in Axis 1.0/1.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ajay

EJB interface
--------------------

 public String getQueryCapability (String queryCapabilityID)
                   throws QueryCapabilityNotFoundException

WSDL - binding part only
-------------------------------------
other stuff

<wsdl:binding name="QueryCapabilitySoapBinding" type="impl:QueryCapability">

    <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
    <wsdl:operation name="getQueryCapability">
      <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <wsdl:input name="getQueryCapabilityRequest">
          <wsdlsoap:body
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
use="encoded"/>
     </wsdl:input>
     <wsdl:output name="getQueryCapabilityResponse">
          <wsdlsoap:body
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
use="encoded"/>
     </wsdl:output>
     <wsdl:fault name="QueryCapabilityNotFoundException">
          <wsdlsoap:fault
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="aqs"
use="encoded"/>   <-------------------------------- "name" attribute MISSING
HERE as per wsdlsoap namespace