axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Rimmer <ch...@nominet.org.uk>
Subject Useless Exception Text
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:34:52 GMT
I have just started out using Axis.  While trying to deploy some files
using AdminClient, I got back the cryptic error:

java.lang.Exception: FIXME

which didn't really make my day! So, I downloaded the source code for
release 1.1 and sure enough found these lines in Admin.java:

// TODO: Better handling here
throw new Exception("FIXME");

Reading the source code, it was now obvious that it didn't like the URI I
had specified for WSDD (missed the slash off the end).  Surely at the very
least this line could say something like

throw new Exception("Bad WSDD URI");

and save users being forced to scrutinise the Axis source code to find
what they did wrong in their code?

Consider this a patch ;)

Chris Rimmer
NOMINET UK
+44 1865 332334
chris@nominet.org.uk

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals"
- Quarry worker's creed