axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Berman, Vladimir" <vladimir.ber...@hp.com>
Subject AXIS Client in a web Applet
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:41:03 GMT
To Whom It May Concern:

I am developing an application that requires the use of a soap client in
a web applet. I have decided to use axis clients, generated by
WSDL2JAVA, for this purpose. When I run the applet, I get a security
exception (see image) because the axis client tries to log, an operation
that is illegal within an applet running in a web browser - this is a
"sandbox" restriction. I have traced this problem to commons-logging and
have tried to disable it by using a commons-logging.properties file with
this line:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog.
Putting commons-logging.properties in the root of my applet jar did not
solve the problem. Do you have any suggestions on how I can tackle this
issue or do you think that it is not possible to run an axis soap client
form an applet unless the underlying axis classes that call the logger
are modified?

Thank you for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Vladimir Berman

Hewlett-Packard

NonStop Enterprise Division