axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ley, Selena (GMI/CPR Dev.)" <S...@exchange.ml.com>
Subject Help re: referenced elements
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:18:35 GMT
Hi.
I'm trying to use the wsdl2java tool to create the java beans. The wsdl imports schemas that
defines the elements.
So I have an Organization schema with the following snippet::

	<xs:import namespace = "http://namespace.worldnet.com/Datatypes/PartyDatatypes_v5_2/"
schemaLocation = 		"file:///c:/schemas/Datatypes/PartyDatatypes_v5_2.xsd"/>

	{...defined below in Organization schema...}
	<xs:element name = "IntermediaryIndicator" type = "partyType:IntermediaryIndicator" />

Here's the snippet from the PartyDatatypes schema:

	<xs:element name = "IntermediaryIndicator" type = "tns:IntermediaryIndicator"/>
	<xs:simpleType name = "IntermediaryIndicator">
		<xs:restriction base = "xs:token">
		        <xs:enumeration value = ""/>
		        <xs:enumeration value = "N"/>
		        <xs:enumeration value = "Y"/>
		        <xs:maxLength value = "1"/>
		</xs:restriction>
	</xs:simpleType>

However, when I try using wsdl2java to create the java beans, it gives me the snippet below.
I've tried removing the element name declaration in the PartyDatatypes schema and just using
the simpleType
but that doesn't work either. However, if I change the simple type to be "IntermediaryIndicatorType"
and have the Organization reference that new name, then it works.
Am I defining the schemas incorrectly?
thanks!
--Selena

java.io.IOException: Type {http://namespace.worldnet.com/Datatypes/PartyDatatypes_v5_2/}IntermediaryIndicator
is referenced but not defined.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Symbol
Table.java:522)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:422
)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:408)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:393)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:245)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)