axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Pluggable query string support broke links in 'Installing and deploying web applications using xml-axis'.
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:07:44 GMT
SUZUKI, Shinji wrote:
> Recently added processQuery() method in AxisServlet.java will
> cause array bounds index exception when requestURI ends
> with servlet path trying to extract serviceName that is not there.
> http://localhost:8080/axis/EchoHeaders.jws?method=list
> will fail for example.
> Also using String.indexOf() method for locating the start
> of servlet path will fail if servlet context contains substring
> that coincide with servlet path.  A suggested fix is attached.
>
> -shinji

Thanks, patch applied, with some changes to get it to conform to the
usual apache code rules (no tabs,  {bracket} every condition). It now
works on my system (at least as far as JWS works on JBoss). Please
download and test the new version.

On the subject of this defect, can I point out to everyone that we do
have httpunit tests to test behaviour of the HTTP side of the system
-query strings is exactly the kind of things it tests. I know it is
fiddly getting to work, but the benefits should be clear.

-Steve