axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: MustUnderstand faults
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:00:55 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Steve!
>

>>This defect is in the shipping Axis1.1, yes?

Interesting that there
>>is no test
>>for it in the interop tests
>

> Well, it's kind of a subtle thing to test.  From the outside, we're perfectly compliant
in that we send MU faults when we don't understand MU headers.  The issue is that we do that
*after* the service work has been completed, which is the no-no.  In cases where no back-end
state is affected by the service invocation (i.e. all the interop tests), it doesn't actually
matter.

> We should also really be making sure that we have a well-defined way to do service-level
rollback if a fault should be produced by a response-chain Handler.  Many services won't want
this, but we should be able to do it for those that do.

I think its trivial to test, as its almost the same as the test that a
service is stateful.

1. Service has an endpoint with 'setPersistentValue([in] int)' int
getPersistentValue()

2. caller calls setPersistentValue(t) for some value of t

3. caller asserts GetPersistentValue()==t, i.e. that persistence is working

4. caller calls setPersistentValue(1) with a must understand header that
isnt understood

5. caller calls GetPersistentValue(), asserts that the result==t