axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MustUnderstand faults
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:24:50 GMT
Hi Chris, Srianth, and folks,

  It seems to me that we reache a consensus on a part of this
matter. Chris, and I have made an equivalent response to Srianth,
despite with two different point of views as "Acutial condition
with Axis implementation" and "Idealized vision to accord with
several specifications (i.e SOAP 1.1, 1.2, and JAX-RPC)".

In JAX-RPC.......

  If you have two JAX-RPC handler, below is the workflow.

 +---+
 | A |-->A1#handleRequest()----->A2#HandleRequest()------+
 | x |                                                 Endpint
 | i |                                                   V
 | s |<--A1#handleResponse()<----A2#HandleResponse()<----+
 +---+

You may add a header on A1#handleRequest() or A1#handleResponse().

  Srinath, if you add a MU header on A1#handleRequest() with a
role as 'next', the node couldn't be distinguished whether it is
sure for A2 or not by A2#HandleRequest().
  I think that the 'next' of role-attribute has a special meaning
what the attribute is for the *NEXT* SOAP node (i.e. not for the
current SOAP node, = not for other handlers behind A1).
  But, A2#HandleRequest() has no way to know the 'next' is added
by A1#handleRequest() or the right predecessor as an intermediary.
Thus, A1#HandleRequest() shouldn't add a MU header as a role 'next'.
If you strictly want to pass the node to the next intermediary,
you should add the node on A1#handleResponse().

Could you make a sense ?

  In addition, I believe Axis is a major JAX-RPC implementation.
But, it doesn't mean that Axis perfectly supports all of spec such
as SOAP 1.1, 1.2, and JAX-RPC 1.0.  The great majority of SOAP 1.1
and JAX-RPC 1.0, and also a small part of SOAP 1.2 have coverd in
Axis of version 1.1 final.  Axis will continuously work to accord
with whole of SOAP 1.2, and any others (WS-I basic profile ?).

--
Toshi <toshi@apache.org>