axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <>
Subject Re: MustUnderstand faults
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:40:02 GMT
Hi Srinath and folks,

  You might have lost "My definition" on the following message;

  How do you define an intermediary as the NEXT ?
  The intermediary will be identified by a URI. What's happening?
That is, all of the JAX-RPC handlers (= A1, A2, A3, ...), which
are deployed for an endpoint, have the same URI.
  Additonaly, all of handler instances don't know the order of
their turn on HandlerChain.  A1 is the 1st, A2 is the 2nd, ...
That's very interesting.

Toshi <>

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: MustUnderstand faults

Hi Glan,Cris,Toshi and All,

Am with Glan idea, That was what I want to clear in the first place.

The SOAP intermediate(SOAP node) is a Axis server... not a Handler ....(I
think the Cris make it quite clear).

The SOAP spec talk about nodes ..not about handlers(i belive)...
The processing (MU headers and headers in general) is done Node to node.

> Handler is not a SOAP Node itself, so it doesn't have to do anything
> to the headers to pass them along to the next Handler.  Otherwise
> you'd have to do MU checking/processing at EACH Handler, which would
> be bad.

Does that mean ..if the role is next in the Header that added  in this
node ..
it SHOULD be processed in the NEXT node.

next == NEXT NODE ???

hope am making sense ..
thanks for your time ...I found the dicussion quite intersting

View raw message