axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MustUnderstand faults
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:04:16 GMT
Hi Srinath and All,

  If you assume that the handlers are parts of an ultimate receiver
of JAX-RPC implementation, I think that the following scenario is an
unrecommended usecase.

Because of;
 - A1 has no way programmatically to know whether there're components
   (i.e. A2, A3 ...) behind A1, or not.
 - MU headers should be processed before starting any business logics.
   ( If the MU header, which is added by A1, is refused by A2,
     A2#handleRequest() may need to rollback.  Who and how ??? )

So, I proposed an extension of API as an IF for handling MU headers.
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=106120252307587&w=2>

--
Toshi <toshi@apache.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: hemapani@opensource.lk [mailto:hemapani@opensource.lk]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:05 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: MustUnderstand faults

Hi All

This is another prob that (at least to me) goes closly to the discussions.

say there are two handlers A1 and A2 if A1 called before A2 and add a new
Header to the messageContext (message) with the role is "next" then what
should happen next.

Will A2 processed the header (does he is the next ?) or the next is in
next
SOAPEngine .. where ever it goes....

I was reading SOAP spac and I get the feeling that latter is the case...
Any Ideas....

Thanks for your time
regards
Srinath

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:39:26 -0700 (PDT), Toshiyuki Kimura wrote