axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From hemap...@opensource.lk
Subject AXIS vs JAX-RPC
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:32:48 GMT
Hi Everybody
I was curious over Axis with respect to JAX-RPC.
It seems that everybody agreed on the fact that AXIS is JAX-RPC complient.

but the Axis handlers are not implements the JAX-RPC handlers
eg: - axis has invoke(MessageContext) and JAX-RPC has handleRequst
(MessageContext) and handlerResponse(MessageContext). there are few such
occurances that I notice.

Does the statement "AXIS is JAX-RPC complient" is made in the basis of
functionality (I agreed complitly that in reality JAX-RPC and AXIS handlers
are doing the same thing in terms of functionality , even I prefer the way
that axis does it than JAX-RPC).
 Can enybody explain plus the basis that things like " is JAX-RPC complient"
is decided.
Thanks for your time.
regards
Srinath

--
Lanka Software Foundation (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka