axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Joel Grenon" <jgre...@covistra.com>
Subject SOAPPart.getContent does not handle message changes
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:37:39 GMT
Hi all,

Maybe it's better to post it to this list. If that's a problem, I could
help and post a patch to correct this. Need to know the right behavior
for you guys though.

To make it clear, I call SOAPPart.getContent twice and modify the
message between the calls (add new headers). The second time, I haven't
found no way to by-pass the source caching mechanism in getContent. See
below for additional details.

Thanks,

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Grenon [mailto:jgrenon@covistra.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 9:56 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: SOAPPart.getContent does not handle message changes

Hi All,

If I do some message modifications (adding new headers or body elements)
through the java.xml.soap api (SOAPMessage, SOAPPart, SOAPHeader) after
I called SOAPPart.getContent, the returned source object does not
reflect my added elements. After reviewing Axis code, I saw that the
source is cached for each additional call. Setting the content
explicitly to null generates an exception.

Is there another way to retrieve the content of a modified message?

Or

Is there a way to reset the internal source field to null to force the
re-creation of the source object with my added elements?

Thanks,

Joel