axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Toshiyuki Kimura" <kimura...@nttdata.co.jp>
Subject RE: MustUnderstand faults
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:06:38 GMT
Hi,

  My understandings are as follows;

  If a SOAP mustUnderstand Attribute is for an end-ponit (i.e. a NS
of 'mustUnderstand Attribute' indicates the end-point), the end-point
MUST understand the attribute or block any further processing.

NOTE: from JAX-RPC 1.0 specification
  - Only, JAX-RPC handlers have an accessibility to SOAP Headers and
    the mustUnderstand Attributes
    (An end-point implementation has no way to access Headers)
  - A JAX-RPC header doesn't know who are staying behind it in the
    request-flow.

  Because of these scenarios, the first handler instance of configured
HandlerChain should process the mustUnderstand Attribute in JAX-RPC
implementation.  It's not a rule, but a "reasonable" proposal.

Thanks,

   Toshi (Toshiyuki Kimura) <kimuratsy@nttdata.co.jp>
   R&D Headquarters
   NTT DATA Corporation