axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Toshiyuki Kimura" <kimura...@nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: MustUnderstand faults
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:48:54 GMT
Hi Chris,

  My proposal is based on the conditions as follows;

  - I want to improve usability of JAX-RPC users on Axis.
  - As a general rule, I don't want to change (i.e. add,
    remove, or extend) the JAX-RPC APIs as the standard.
  - If any enhancements are required, the change should
    be minimum for its users, and be guaranteed backward
    compatibility.
  - Furthermore, the enhancements would be better off
    going to be standardized so far as possible.
  - If we've any choice to avoid the problem except with
    nonstandard mechanism, we'd be better to take a way
    near the standard.

  Now, we're able to update any APIs for Axis handler,
however it won't be appreciated by JAX-RPC users. The
last proposal which I posted, is an effort to solve
the MU headers problem except with an API enhancement.
I think the root problem is still;
    "- Axis Handler -  vs.  - JAX-RPC Handler - "

I'm not sure how can we reach a consensus, right now ...

Thanks,

  Toshi (Toshiyuki Kimura) <kimuratsy@nttdata.co.jp>
  R&D Headquarters
  NTT DATA Corporation