axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Toshiyuki Kimura" <kimura...@nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: AXIS vs JAX-RPC
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:22:19 GMT
Hi Srinath,

  Axis has two types of "Handler Architecture".

  One is "Axis hanlder" with invoke(), and the other is
"JAX-RPC handler" with handleRequst() and handlerResponse().
In order to pursuant to the spec, I contributed a few pieces
of patch to Axis.  So, you will be able to implement and run
JAX-RPC handlers on Axis, if you want.
  But I also know we may not be providing that info enough.

Thanks,

  Toshi (Toshiyuki Kimura) <kimuratsy@nttdata.co.jp>
  R&D Headquarters
  NTT DATA Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: hemapani@opensource.lk [mailto:hemapani@opensource.lk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 4:33 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: AXIS vs JAX-RPC

Hi Everybody
I was curious over Axis with respect to JAX-RPC.
It seems that everybody agreed on the fact that AXIS is JAX-RPC complient.

but the Axis handlers are not implements the JAX-RPC handlers
eg: - axis has invoke(MessageContext) and JAX-RPC has handleRequst
(MessageContext) and handlerResponse(MessageContext). there are few such
occurances that I notice.

Does the statement "AXIS is JAX-RPC complient" is made in the basis of
functionality (I agreed complitly that in reality JAX-RPC and AXIS handlers
are doing the same thing in terms of functionality , even I prefer the way
that axis does it than JAX-RPC).
 Can enybody explain plus the basis that things like " is JAX-RPC complient"
is decided.

Thanks for your time.
regards
Srinath

--
Lanka Software Foundation (http://www.opensource.lk)
Promoting Open-Source Development in Sri Lanka