axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: soapmeter (a tcpmonitor spin-off)
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:26:12 GMT

One of the things I like about tcpmon is that its simple - it doesn't try
to do too much.  All its supposed to do, at its core, is just watch tcpip
traffic.  So when people want to extend it to do more than that I get
worried.  That said - let me tell you what I've told other people - while I
don't like the idea of changing the core tcpmon to do stuff like you've
proposed (mainly because it moves it even more towards a SOAP monitor
instead of a tcpip monitor) - I do, however, like the idea of adding
plug-points where things like what you've developed can be optionally
plugged in.  But that's just me.
-Dug

"Eric Y. Kow" <kow@loria.fr> on 07/30/2003 10:15:07 AM