axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Adhamh Findlay <afind...@austin.rr.com>
Subject 15695 - user guide web service does not exist
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:22:35 GMT
So I'm working on 15695.  Simple bug.  The example web service used doesn't
seem to exist.   http://soapinterop.org takes me to a domain parking page
from register.com...

Are there any services on ws.apache.org that I could use instead?  If not
could I write one to be hosted there for examples such as this?

public class TestClient
{
       try {
           System.out.println("Trying nagoya");
           String endpoint =
                    "http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo";

           Service  service = new Service();
           Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
           System.out.println("Trying echoString");
           call.setOperationName(new QName("http://soapinterop.org/",
"echoString") );

           // Call to addParameter/setReturnType as described in
user-guide.html
           //call.addParameter("testParam",
           //                  org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
           //                  javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
           //call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);

           String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "Hello!" } );

           System.out.println("Sent 'Hello!', got '" + ret + "'");
       } catch (Exception e) {
           System.err.println(e.toString());
       }
   }
}

[amsterdam:samples/userguide/example1] adhamh# java
samples.userguide.example1.TestClient