axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Sandholm <sandh...@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject Re: AnyContentType
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:24:21 GMT
The purpose of the AnyContentType is to have an interface in common for all
types that contain an xsd:any element definition, so that utilities can
assume the availability of the get_any and set_any operations without
knowing the actual type. There is no type or construct in wsdl that maps to
Element as far as I know, and the fact that xsd:any elements do not get
deserialized into DOM Elements automatically  (but instead MessageElements)
can be a big performance gain.
/Thomas
At 05:19 AM 7/11/2003 -0600, Doug Davis wrote:

>What's the purpose behind the AnyContentType class?
>I have a feeling it might to support any generic chunk of XML as a param in
>the RPC case, but if so why not just use Element?
>-Dug

Thomas Sandholm <sandholm@mcs.anl.gov>
The Globus Project(tm) <http://www.globus.org>
Ph: 630-252-1682, Fax: 630-252-1997