axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ekbote, Niranjan" <NEkb...@doubleclick.net>
Subject RE: Provider with no impl Class
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:31:24 GMT
I think it will be very useful to us in particular because we deal with
interfaces and EJBs.

Thanks a lot.

-- Niranjan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Haddad [mailto:haddadc@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:28 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Provider with no impl Class

Hey All -

i've been working on a custom provider that hands off to a Java class that
doesn't have the same method signature as the SOAP parts.   Got it all
working, but the trick was that Axis requires a concrete implementation
class containing correlating method signatures.

I've made a few modifications to the codebase in order to support the
deployment of a web service without an impl class.  The operations and parts
are
defined solely in WSDD, and the provider will generate a WSDL service
description
file.

The mods will be checked in after 1.1 ships, but in the meantime, i was
wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar requirement?

/Chris