axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Status of Axis 1.1 Final
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:14:52 GMT

Summing up, it looks like we've got the following on the table for last-minute fixes:

20653 - This should be an easy fix which prevents an NPE.  The NPE is indicative of a bad
class in the WSDD, which is a config error, but we should if anything be clear about that
error, not toss an NPE.  Doug, when does the NPE happen?  Does it prevent [un]deployment from
working?

20655 - Doug's pet peeve. :)  Not a showstopper, but could be fixed.

15133 - This one really does look bad, as it fries i18n.  Jens' patch will deal with the issue
at the cost of &-encoding things which might not need it in other character encodings;
this might be OK for 1.1.

Can anyone take some time today to attempt to deal with these?  I have some critical-path
coding to do for MACR in the morning, and then I'm in meetings from 11AM through 7PM (egads).
:(

There are also a few others (17554 and 18287 come to mind) which we might look at, but we
also need to get a release out....

How about this - if fixes for these are agreed on / checked in by tomorrow, I'll rekit the
build.  Otherwise, we'll accept these as known bugs and release 1.1 as is, with the intent
of fixing these and other bugs ASAP after 1.1 - and 1.1 is still a lot less buggy than 1.0
was.

Does that sound OK?

--Glen