axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject 1.1 pre-release (please test)
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:20:35 GMT

The 1.1 bits (including dims' changes from this morning) are now sitting in ws.apache.org/axis/dist/1_1.
 I am planning to announce the release Monday night (June 9).  I'm sending this pre-announcement
to axis-dev so that those involved in the dev community can grab the package, install it,
and test it a bit to make sure we don't have any obvious problems.

1.1 has been a while coming, and it certainly isn't perfect.  There are a whole bunch of things
that need to happen (fixing the build/test process, tackling the much-too-long bug list, etc),
but we need to put another stake in the ground rather than delaying the release still further.
 Myself and others plan to attack some of the to-dos soon after the release, and I hope we
can come out with an even better 1.2 release within a month or two (release early and often!).

So please kick the tires if you get a chance and let me/us know immediately if you have problems.
 Thanks!

--Glen