axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Castrotorres, Fabrizio" <Fabrizio.Castrotor...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Question about compiling/running Apache Axis on JDK 1.2
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:37:37 GMT
Right, there are some platforms which require certain JDKs
I would like to integrate axis with our existing production systems, but
sadly they run on jdk 1.2 and there will be no effort to migrate the jdk at
all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com [mailto:Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 5:26 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Question about compiling/running Apache Axis on JDK 1.2

I would  hope that 1.3 isn't dropped too soon.

Weblogic Server 6.1 and 7 run on jdk 1.3. There will be legacy weblogic
apps around on these platforms for years.

|         |  "Kellogg, Richard"         |
|         |  <RKellogg@MICROS.COM>      |
|         |  06/16/2003 05:11 PM        |
|         |  Please respond to axis-dev |

--------------------------------------------------|

  |      To: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
|
  |      cc: (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
|
  |      Subject:  RE: Question about compiling/running Apache Axis on JDK
1.2                                                  |

Fabrizio,

Sorry JDK 1.2 is not supported nor tested.  In fact, I would suggest you
migrate to JDK 1.4.x if possible.  Eventually I would imagine that JDK 1.3
will be dropped. (IMO).

Rick