axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Alan George <alan.geo...@trenchant-group.com>
Subject dropped exceptions in Message.writeTo()
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:22:13 GMT
I am attempting to write a transactional WS.  The client will be setting
an SOTimeout on the connection.  On the server side I would like to
catch the IOException (broken pipe) and roll back a UserTransaction.
Unfortunatly I have discovered the IOException is caught in the
Message.writeTo() and is dropped on the floor.  IOException is already
in the throws.  Why are these exceptions drop at this point?  If I
modified to rethrow the exceptions would this break something else?

Thanks for your advise,
-alan