axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Status of Axis 1.1 Final
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:29:03 GMT
Jens Schumann wrote:
> On 6/11/03 09:00 PM Eric.D.Friedman@WellsFargo.COM
> <Eric.D.Friedman@WellsFargo.COM> wrote:
>
> PS: Since 1.1. is already taking that long couldn't we agree on a staged
> approach for certain bugs? I guess there are other bugs than #15133 which
> can't be fixed in a short timeframe, but a temporary fix would be very
> helpful and could be replaced with a proper implementation easily.

In my opinion, no. We hold, we find more bugs, we go on.

the good thing about open source is that you are free to apply your
patches and run with it. I have modified my version of Axis and I have
been holding off until Axis1.1 ships before committing those changes.

As a process issue, I am now strongly convinced that the moment we begin
the beta process for 1.2 we must branch, and then instead of holding
back on changes to the mainline, we bugfix the mainline for all bugs,
and move stuff back into the 1.2 release branche on a case-by-case
basis. This reduces a lot of the pressue we get to fix stuff in the
release, as the fixes do go into CVS_HEAD