axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 15133] - Problems serializing german umlauts
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:51:02 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15133>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15133

Problems serializing german umlauts





------- Additional Comments From dims@yahoo.com  2003-06-12 15:51 -------
Found a PHP web service that supports echo
(http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/testbed/round2_base.wsdl). I was able to run
WSDL2Java and use the following main with NO problems. 

Here's the catch, i did see the corruption problem when i switched on the debug
as per Bernd. The problem is that NuSOAP reports "Content-Type: text/xml;
charset=UTF-8" in the headers and then uses ISO-8859-1 encoding "<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>". So there is no way we can figure out
that the message is ISO-8859-1 unless we inspect the message itself.

Thanks,
dims

=====================================================================
public class Main {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
        org.soapinterop.InteropLabLocator locator = new
org.soapinterop.InteropLabLocator();
        String s1 = new
String("\u00dc\u00cb\u00cf\u00d6O\u00e4\u00eb\u00ef\u00f6\u00fc\u00ff");
        org.soapinterop.InteropTestPortType port = locator.getinteropTestPort();
        String s = port.echoString(s1);
        System.out.println(s);
    }
}
=====================================================================

Mime
View raw message