axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert McIntosh" <REMCINT...@kcc.usda.gov>
Subject RE: Array deserialization
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 21:10:58 GMT
Oh, and I haven't gotten the latest from CVS either. Just the release
binary and the release source.

Robert

>>> tomj@macromedia.com 05/14/03 04:06PM >>>
First, make sure you try the latest CVS source.

Code that serializes an array is in:
  org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializer

Do you have xsi:type information turned off in your wsdd file?
Probably is a bug with that switch.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert McIntosh [mailto:REMCINTOSH@kcc.usda.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 3:28 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Array deserialization

I posted a question concerning this this morning to the user list with
no responses, but I have found a possibly solution.

Environment: Tomcat 4.1.24 with Axis 1.1rc2 on jdk 1.3
Problem: I have a service that returns a list of Farm objects. Each
Farm object contains an array of FarmYear objects. The Farm object
list
gets deserialized just fine, but the FarmYear object array does not,
as
a Simple deserializer is being invoked.

By default the serialization looks something like (minus a few
namespaces):
<GetCustomerFarmsReturn xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType[1]" >
               <item xsi:type="ns2:Farm">
                  <dirty>false</dirty>
                  <farmYears soapenc:arrayType="ns2:FarmYear[1]">

                     <item>
Notice the farmYears tag has the soapenc:arrayType attribute. With
this
the deserialization does NOT work. Now, if I add
xsi:type="soapenc:Array" to the farmYears tag, all is fine, such as:
<farmYears xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
soapenc:arrayType="ns2:FarmYear[1]">

So, my question is, is this a bug? If not, then I need to modify
something to the serializer to add this attribute to get my service to
work. I can do this, but I'm having trouble finding exactly where this
would be. Could someone point me to the right place where this
attribute
could be added to the right tag?

Thanks a bunch,
Robert