axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Alireza Taherkordi" <Taherko...@dpi2.dpi.net.ir>
Subject RE: Contribution to SimpleAxisServer
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 00:24:00 GMT
Hi Tom,

I've done some simple changes to the SimpleAxisServer
to make it more production ready.

The changes are:

1.
Added a LRU based session cleanup mechanism:
I've used a simple LRU cleanup mechanism for sessions,
I've utilized jakarta commons org.apache.commons.collections.LRUMap .
(needs to add commons-collections.jar to the Axis)

2.
Added a thread pooling mechanism:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.ThreadPool
org.apache.axis.transport.http.BlockingQueue

3.
modified getAxisServer() method's accessibility
from "protected" to "public"

4.
Commented the following line of code from stop() mehotd:
System.exit(0);
No need to kill the JVM(this help us to use SimpleAxisServer
in a service based architecture without any problem)

5.
Added two new options to be used in starting
SimpleAxisServer from command line:
-t for maximum thread pool size(default value is 100)
-m for maximum session count(default value is 100)
example:
java org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer -t 150 -m 1000

I've attached the source codes to this email,
Could you please let me know your idea?
Since I've not CVS access, could you please commit them
if they are ok?

BR
Alireza Taherkordi

> Alireza,

> Any help in this area that you can contribute would be welcome.  Please
> keep the
> "simple" in SimpleAxisServer and don't get too carried away. :-)

> This kind of change would be targeted at Axis 1.2, as we are (still!)
trying to get