axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Rineholt <rineh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fine grained multiref control
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:55:03 GMT
To clear something up this object may be re-used by many so how it would
be used
SOAP 1.2 or 1.1 or doc/lit -vs- SOAP encoded would not be under my
control.
FYI the object it self 'represents' already an XML document but allows
easier manipulation
than DOM and provides constraints etc.  (kinda think of WSDL4J).  I could
envision it being used
both SOAP encode and doc literal.    It won't reference anything else, nor
would another parm
reference it, doubtful it would be repeated in same message.

><unlurk>
>The serialization code uses identity equals (not the generated equals) to

>determine that how to serialize hrefs.
>One approach to take is to add a flag in the meta data (TypeDesc) to
indicate
>that the bean is always single referenced.
>Then change SerializationContextImpl to respect this flag.
This sounds reasonable. What's the flag? :-) But, if this always the case
why burden the end user
with specifying in typmappings when the flag/property could be on the
serializer?
>A second approach is to use doc/lit.
I may not have control over this since other would choose it.
>Another approach is to use SOAP1.2 encoding, which inlines hrefs.  I
think
Not up to speed with 1.2, but once again I would not have control.
 >support is already in the Axis runtime.
></unlurk>
>Rich Scheuerle
>IBM WebSphere Web Services Development
>512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)
>
> Rick Rineholt/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
>
> 05/20/2003 07:09 AM
> Please respond to axis-dev
>          To:        axis-dev@xml.apache.org
>          cc:
>          Subject:        Fine grained multiref control
>
>I have Object that I want to serialize that  will never be referenced
more
than
>once, and does not reference anything else,  and want to always have the
>generation of mulitrefs for this object to be turned off.  Ideally, I
would
>want to do this (specify)  in it's serializer.  Is this possible ?
> (Reasonable?)
>BTW: Does Axis determine that to objects are referenced to the same
object by
>doing an equals on all parm Objects embeded  objects of complex types  to

>determine they are the same and can share the same href/id ?  Just
curious.
>Thanks
>rineholt@us.ibm.com

Rick Rineholt
"The truth is out there...  All you need is a better search engine!"

rineholt@us.ibm.com