axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: branch or open season?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:10:02 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:
> FYI - the "reproducible" TCK run still has one outstanding issue and
> Glen is working with our testers to get it resolved.  All other TCK
> tests pass.
> We still have a majority +1 VOTE to release Axis 1.1, although I
> admit it was based on incorrect "we passed the TCK" information.
> Another FYI - once we pass the TCK here at Macromedia, I will be
> calling for another VOTE to create and release 1.1.

There are two separable issues.  Not being able to run the TCK
reproducibly is something that causes me displeasure, but I won't mind
being overruled by the majority if that is everyone else's wish.

However, there is a more serious issue.  Unless the following is
resolved, I would expect that the release manager for 1.1 will receive
an angry phone call from Sun:

Tom Jordahl wrote:
 > I don't think Macromedia will do that for Axis.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message