axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.1 MANIFEST.MF file
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:13:44 GMT
+1 to having "Final" in the manifest when final is built.

Glen, make sure you edit your java/build.xml to change:

  <attribute name="Implementation-Version" value="${axis.version} ${TODAY}"/>

To use the string "Final".

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Kellogg, Richard [mailto:RKellogg@MICROS.COM]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 9:44 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Axis 1.1 MANIFEST.MF file

Tom,

Yes I agree this makes sense for the daily/interim builds.  Does it make sense for the gold
release?  I would really like "Final" to appear on actual release.  Interim builds might be
marked as "Daily"?  Does that make any sense.

The question is how do we distinguish between gold and days after gold.  A year from today,
we will not be able to tell.  Use your best judgement.

(By the way, I finally did get CVS to work.  The implementation of WinCvs is a pain.  In the
end I used SmartCVS.  Very nice and easy to use.  Unfortunately, it does not have the ability
to generate patches easily.  A task for another day.)

Thanks,
Rick