axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: branch or open season?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:18:34 GMT

> > FYI - the "reproducible" TCK run still has one outstanding issue and
> > Glen is working with our testers to get it resolved.  All other TCK
> > tests pass.

This issue has to do with a configuration problem in the TCK (lord what an arcane freaking
app), not, I think, with any problem with the Axis codebase.   However it still needs resolution.

> There are two separable issues.  Not being able to run the TCK
> reproducibly is something that causes me displeasure, but I
> won't mind
> being overruled by the majority if that is everyone else's wish.

Yup, I think it's something we can get rolling after the release.

> However, there is a more serious issue.  Unless the following is
> resolved, I would expect that the release manager for 1.1
> will receive
> an angry phone call from Sun:

Someone (which comes down to Sam, Dims, or myself, (i.e. members) I think) needs to confirm
the TCK passage with Sun.  Unless I'm mistaken, it matters not if that person is an IBM or
a Macromedia employee.  I'm happy to do it once we get the results solid.

--Glen