axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Joshi, Parag" <parag_jo...@hp.com>
Subject .NET and AXIS Interop - Please Help!!
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 02:20:10 GMT
Hi, 

I have written a Java client program using axis 1.0 and the program sends SOAP message to
my webservice written in Microsoft .NET environment. The .NET Webservice successfully receives
the request and returns a response indicating success. I used XMLSpy to check request and
response messages and they seem fine (almost same except request header replaced by response).

But, my Java client shows the following exception parsing the SOAP response: 

SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end
of the element content. 

I did see an extra character (which might be 0x0) at the end of response message coming from
.NET. It is the last character in the message. I do not control XML SOAP message generation
because it is done by .NET. Is there anyway for me to make the SAX parser ignore that extra
character at the end? 

On another machine with similar setup I get a slightly different exception: 
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in trailing section.

The exception trace is included below.  

I will greatly appreciate any help!!

Thanks
-Parag

-----------------------------------------------------
     [java] AxisFault
     [java]  faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
     [java]  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML characte
r (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end of the element content.
     [java]  faultActor: null
     [java]  faultDetail:
     [java]     stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML charac
ter (Unicode: 0x0) was found in markup after the end of the element content.
     [java]     at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.j
ava:1196)
     [java]     at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXML
Error(XMLDocumentScanner.java:644)

Mime
View raw message