axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Jones <kjo...@develop.com>
Subject doc/lit and 1.1RC2
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:55:36 GMT
Is this a bug.

I have a doc/lit wsdd which looks like this:

<deployment ...namespaces here...
  <service name="axismaths" provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped">
    <parameter name="className" value="kevinj.Math"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

If I deploy this in RC1 or beta1 then everything is happy. I can
generated a client from the WSDL axis generates from this deployment.
However on RC2 the wsdl2java step fails. I get the following error

Parsing XML file...
  java.IO.Exception: Element
{http://schemas/xmlsoap.org/wsdl}AddResponse is referenced but not
defined

What appears to be happening is that the schema generated inside the
WSDL does not have a targetNamespace set, this puts the schema def in
the default namespace, but the WSDL default namesapce is
http://schemas/xmlsoap.org/wsdl

As I said this works on RC1 but not on RC2 or the latest nightly.

I've seen other reports in the user list about this but wanted to raise
it here before I report it as a bug

Kevin Jones