axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Darren Houle" <Darren.Ho...@health-first.org>
Subject Axis, WSDL, and Coldfusion MX
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:06:29 GMT
Greetings!

I have a technical question that I'm hoping someone on this list might be able to help with...
like maybe Tom J. <nudge><nudge>  :-)  Okay, here goes...

I am running CFMX (no updates or service packs installed as of yet) and have built several
web services (CFC's) that all work fantastically and totally as advertised.  I can view the
auto-gen WSDL and auto-gen documentation in my browser, and DreamWeaver MX will discover and
display all the internal functions, required arguments, etc.  I LOVE how easy this is, but
I did run into a problem just today...

I have a consultant onsite trying to set up Novell's new eXtend portal, runs on J2EE and contains
portlets that can consume external web services.  He ran into trouble when I supplied my CFMX
WSDL URL for consumption in his "Director" development tool.  It found the component on my
server but couldn't stub out the functions or arguments contained within.  He thinks the CFMX
WSDL being auto-generated is missing some critical data or has malformed syntax, but from
my understanding the Axis 1.0 implementation in CFMX is fully SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.0 compliant
and shouldn't be auto-gen'ing anything incorrectly.  More likely his consumption portlet is
not compliant with something somewhere and can't handle the awesomeness of Axis :-).

I've included a working WSDL and a non-working WSDL for comparison but I'm new to SOAP and
WSDL so I'm having trouble even knowing where to start.  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.
 I know that other platforms such as .NET are able to consume CFMX web services without this
problem, so my first guess is that Novell is the problem, but I need to find out for sure
if at all possible.

Thanks a million!

Darren Houle
Sr. Web Developer
Health First, Inc.

WSDL Works in Novell eXtend

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions name="MyWeatherWSService"
		targetNamespace="urn:com.exsamp.mwws.MyWeather"
		xmlns:tns="urn:com.exsamp.mwws.MyWeather">
	<types/>
	<message name="getForecastRequest">
		<part name="arg0" type="xsd:string"/>
	</message>
	<message name="getForecastResponse">
		<part name="result" type="xsd:string"/>
	</message>
	<portType name="MyWeatherWS">
		<operation name="getForecast" parameterOrder="arg0">
			<input message="tns:getForecastRequest"/>
			<output message="tns:getForecastResponse"/>
		</operation>
	</portType>
	<binding name="MyWeatherWSBinding" type="tns:MyWeatherWS">
		<soap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
		<operation name="getForecast">
			<soap:operation soapAction="urn:com.exsamp.mwws.MyWeather/getForecast"/>
			<input>
				<soap:body
					namespace="urn:com.exsamp.mwws.MyWeather"
					use="encoded"/>
			</input>
			<output>
				<soap:body
					namespace="urn:com.exsamp.mwws.MyWeather"
					use="encoded"/>
			</output>
		</operation>
	</binding>
	<service name="MyWeatherWSService">
		<port binding="tns:MyWeatherWSBinding" name="MyWeatherWSPort">
			<soap:address location="http://localhost/MyWebServicesDB/MyWebServices/MyWeather"/>
		</port>
	</service>
</definitions>

WSDL Does not work in Novell eXtend

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<wsdl:definitions
		targetNamespace="http://prod.cfc"
		xmlns:intf="http://prod.cfc"
		xmlns:impl="http://prod.cfc-impl"
	<wsdl:message name="getGroupsRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="dnum" type="SOAP-ENC:string" />
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getGroupsResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="return" type="SOAP-ENC:string" />
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getNameRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="dnum" type="SOAP-ENC:string" />
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getNameResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="return" type="SOAP-ENC:string" />
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="CFCInvocationException" />
	<wsdl:portType name="hbo_phys_info">
		<wsdl:operation name="getName" parameterOrder="dnum">
			<wsdl:input message="intf:getNameRequest" />
			<wsdl:output message="intf:getNameResponse" />
			<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException" message="intf:CFCInvocationException" />

		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getGroups" parameterOrder="dnum">
			<wsdl:input message="intf:getGroupsRequest" />
			<wsdl:output message="intf:getGroupsResponse" />
			<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException" message="intf:CFCInvocationException" />

		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>
	<wsdl:binding name="hbo_phys_info.cfcSoapBinding" type="intf:hbo_phys_info">
		<wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />

		<wsdl:operation name="getName">
			<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
			<wsdl:input>
				<wsdlsoap:body
					use="encoded"
					namespace="http://prod.cfc" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<wsdlsoap:body
					use="encoded"
					namespace="http://prod.cfc" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getGroups">
			<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
			<wsdl:input>
				<wsdlsoap:body
					use="encoded"
					namespace="http://prod.cfc" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<wsdlsoap:body
					use="encoded"
					namespace="http://prod.cfc" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>
	<wsdl:service name="hbo_phys_infoService">
		<wsdl:port name="hbo_phys_info.cfc" binding="intf:hbo_phys_info.cfcSoapBinding">
			<wsdlsoap:address location="http://hfmodule1.health-first.org/cfc/prod/hbo_phys_info.cfc"
/>
		</wsdl:port>
	</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 03/19/2003 04:07:55 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You
must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this
message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor
all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the message states such views
or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the
entity to give such views or opinions.