axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Axis Build System - Possible conversion to Maven
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:28:40 GMT
I can see I need to explain about Maven a bit more :).

I understand your worries about converting to maven.  You said:

"introducing yet another technology needed to build Axis is not something I
believe we need to do at this time."

This is exactly my point!!!  Maven takes care of all these technologies for
you!!!  It will be the only technology you need once the build conversion is
through.  It automatically takes care of and downloads the dependencies.  All
you need to do is tell maven what dependencies there are in your project file
like so:

   <dependencies>

     <dependency>
       <id>log4j</id>