axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Toshiyuki Kimura" <>
Subject Re: asynchronous API
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:44:09 GMT

 I'm working to improve the jax-rpc handler impl now.
Nevertheless, I'm also interested in the async APIs.

 Additionally, I have already done the modeling of
the asynchronous communication via SOAP over HTTP,
roughly. So, I would like to propose the model and
the abstracted APIs when I complete them.

 In the current estimation, it'll take a few months.
I'm looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

  Toshi (Toshiyuki Kimura) <>
  R&D Headquarters
  NTT DATA Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: James M Snell []
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 2:57 AM
Subject: Re: asynchronous API

The async work has been put on hold temporarily so we can get 1.1 out the
door.  Once 1.1 is out, the plan is to kick this work back up to full
speed.  There is some existing code out there (in the org.apache.axis.ime
package) but there are still some expected evolutionary cycles.  If you'd
like to help in the effort, welcome!  Let us get 1.1 out and then we'll
talk more about it.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     (877) 511-5082 (voice/fax)   ** NEW NUMBER **
     (700) 930-1979 (t/l)                ** NEW NUMBER **
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

> From: "Paul Andrews" <>
> To: <>
> Date: 03/12/2003 09:46 AM
> Subject: asynchronous API
> I understand that there is a design for an Asynchronous API to axis. I
> was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how much effort it would
> take to get agreement on it and implement it and where people would see
> it fitting into an Axis release.
> I am happy to do the work myself, but I'm just wondering what the scope
> of the task is and whether or not there is sufficient agreement about
> the API for it be made part of the Axis project.
> I guess I should point out that this is a very tentative offer of help
> at the moment. However, should you want to you can look me up on
> sourceforge where I am an administrator of the lejos project
> my id is mpandrews.

View raw message