axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Axis Build System - Possible conversion to Maven
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 05:03:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 10:32
Subject: Re: Axis Build System - Possible conversion to Maven

> Steve Loughran wrote:
> >
> >  Changing the build process isnt the solution. Or maybe it is, but it
> >  isnt the real problem, which is we need to reexamine what our test
> >  process is.
> >
> > [On the subject of testing, I can borrow an Itanium 1 workstation if I
> > can think of a good excuse. Its too big and noisy for the office, but I
> > was thinking of bringing up a 64 bit os (unix or nt) and running gump on
> > it. Thoughts?]
> If it is possible for me to get access to the machine, I would gladly
> volunteer to set everything up.

that would be possible if I brought it home, but you have to see the size of
the thing to imagine the reaction that would create..

> If the tests could be split into ones that everybody should run before
> every commit and tests that should be run by by an automated regression
> test suite, then the workspace definitions for underpowered 2Ghz 32 bit
> Pentium machines can be configured to run the first set, and your beefy
> itanium could be configured to run the latter.
> I'd strongly suggest running a version of Unix.

my new desktop pc (xeon 3.06 OK?) will run rh8.0 with vmware for the legacy
platform. I dont want the IA64 box near me as its got bigger fans than my
car's1.8T engine.

Adding a continous integration build would be interesting indeed.

View raw message