axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSIF WSDL2Java
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:13:52 GMT
Nirmal

I agree!

We should specifically factor out the JAX-RPC neutral code. Both Axis and WSIF are designed
to use the JAX-RPC SEI definition, and this should be available independent of implementation.
When we moved WSIF to use the SEI, the whole point was to *share* tools with JAX-RPC. So what
would be nice is if the core code generated the interfaces neutrally, and then subclasses
generated any implementation specific code.

Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nirmal Mukhi
  To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org ; wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 5:43 PM
  Subject: Re: WSIF WSDL2Java

  Hi,

  Just a clarification: the WSIF version of the WSDL2Java tool doesn't duplicate the Axis
code, it overrides some methods. So what I was saying is that the common code should be factored
out of the Axis WSDL2Java code and Axis will extend it (to generate Axis stubs) and WSIF will
extend it (to generate WSIF test cases), so we share the stub interface and java type generation
in a clean way.

  Nirmal.

       Nirmal Mukhi/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
        03/11/2003 12:37 PM