axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Check-in's till 1.1 Final Release...
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:03:51 GMT
-1 to all automatic roll backs based on a run clean all-tests failure. In
order to respect the work other people are doing to actually shrink the
buglist, folks should take the time to first see if it's a problem in the
test case that's causing the failure rather than a problem with the fixed
code.  If a test fails, please take the time to figure out why.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com>
02/28/2003 09:43 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

bcc

Subject
Check-in's till 1.1 Final Release...

Folks,

PLEASE RUN "ant clean all-tests" before checking things in. If anything
breaks Gump build ("ant
clean all-tests") that qualifies for an automatic -1 from me. Also, BEFORE
you run "ant clean
all-tests", GET the latest sources from CVS...ALSO, PLEASE don't introduce
JDK1.4 specific code.
It's TOO late in the game to check-in code and expect others to fix
problems that were introduced.

Thanks,
dims

=====