axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Check-in's till 1.1 Final Release...
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:35:34 GMT
Tell ya what... how about we set a rule that the people who are actually
doing the work to try to fix the bugs get to determine the process.  I'm
being sarcastic of course, but my point should be clear... if y'all are
concerned about making sure the build works, please be just as concerned
about making sure the list of outstanding bugs is being taken care of.
Successfully building buggy code ain't exactly a useful endeavor.  I'd
rather the builds fail for a few days and know that the bug list is
getting addressed than have the build be succeeding while the bug list is
ignored.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
02/28/2003 10:18 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'axis-dev@ws.apache.org '"
<axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

bcc

Subject
RE: Check-in's till 1.1 Final Release...

+1, Dug.

Mistakes are gonna happen, that's to be expected, but let's all try to
keep to this guideline.  And if the build breaks, either fix it or roll
back your changes ASAP.

--Glen