axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajit Sadasivan" <asadasi...@parabolicsoftware.com>
Subject Callback support in AXIS ?
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:42:29 GMT
Hi,

	This is on developing web services using AXIS.We have
a custom tool ,wrapped in a web service and deployed in Tomcat.
Currently it uses AXIS from apache.But as we understand,AXIS
as of now doesn't support callbacks.In otherword,once the client
instantiate the server,sets some parameters and call certain methods,
it should be able to listen for some asynchronous events
from the server side also.Anybody tried the same ?

        We are aware that this involves the addition of an http server
module for the client side also.Is there any efforts to bring the
same in AXIS in the near future ? We need this implementation urgent.So
is there any other similar frameworks,preferbly free,which supports web
service development,with the capability to do callbacks also.

With Regards
Ajit Sadasivan