axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Brian.Dil...@fineos.com>
Subject Axis OUT Parameters - Bug ?
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:19:18 GMT
Hi,

Since no-one on the user list seems to know about axis out parameters I
thought I might send the mail to this list (opologies if this is not the
correct forum).

That is what I was doing, I have included a code extract below;

       soapSrv.addParameter("user",new QName("xsd:string"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
        soapSrv.addParameter("provider_outParmNames",new
QName("ta:StringSequence"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.OUT);
        soapSrv.addParameter("provider_outParmValues",new
QName("ta:StringSequence"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.OUT);
        soapSrv.setReturnType(new QName("xsd:boolean"));

        Boolean retObj = (Boolean) soapSrv.invoke(new Object[] {user,
script,
        inParmNames, inParmValues, requestContext});
        boolean retValue =retObj.booleanValue();

        java.util.Map outputMap = soapSrv.getOutputParams();
        System.out.println(" Map is "+outputMap.keySet().size()); //This is
returning 0
        outParmNames.setValue( (java.lang.String[]) outputMap.get(new
QName("provider_outParmNames")) );//Returns null
        outParmValues.setValue( (java.lang.String[]) outputMap.get(new
QName("provider_outParmValues")) );//Returns null

Is there something special I should be doing on the server side;

The service method signature looks like;

  public boolean serverSideMethod(
        String user,
	com.fineos.ta.services.xml.axis.holders.StringSequenceHolder
outParmNames, 	com.fineos.ta.services.xml.axis.holders.StringSequenceHolder
outParmValues)

The two holders here for the out params are null ! Is this correct, how
would axis know what to pass back if the holders themselves are null ?

Thanks,

Brian

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential,
may be privileged and is intended only for the use of the
recipient named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or a representative of the intended recipient,
you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy,
use or disclose the contents of this email to anybody
else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete the copy you received. This email has
been swept for computer viruses. However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.

Registered in Ireland, No. 205721. http://www.FINEOS.com