axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Support for literal encoding
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:21:48 GMT

Yes, Axis supports doc/lit.
See the test/wsdl/interop* tests for examples.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Kellogg, Richard [mailto:RKellogg@MICROS.COM]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:42 AM
To: Axis-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: Support for literal encoding

Does anyone know if Axis 1.1 RC1 supports literal encoding?  I have used the following WSDD
file:

 <deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
                         xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
                         xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
                         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">

  <service name="TestWS" style="document">
    <parameter name="className" value="TestService" />
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*" />
    <parameter name="use" value="literal" />

    <typeMapping type="java:samples.dataset" serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.DataSetSerializerFactory"
/>
  </service>
</deployment>

I did find the need for the "use" parameter buried in the WSDDService.java source file.  I
got the following error:
serializer found for class samples.dataset in registry org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl@1aac775.

Any ideas what might be happening?  I need to return a document/literal result from my web
service to mimic the behavior of a C# web service.

Thanks,
Rick Kellogg